AFJROTC 2019 Summer Flight Academy
Competitive process includes PT scores, aviation
The US Air Force JROTC implemented the first-ever Flight Academy program in 2018 that fully funded scholarships for 120 high school Air Force JROTC students to attend university flight schools during the summer after their sophomore, junior, and senior years. The scholarship paid for travel to a participating university, room and board, as well as all tuition and fees associated with the program. Students who completed the program earned their private pilot's licenses as well as up to 12 college credits. The program was so successful this summer that the number of slots will increase to 250 students for the summer of 2019. The program is open to Cadets nationwide in the AFJROTC program. It is competitive, and the application window will open October 3rd, 2018.
1) 15 Oct-7 Dec 18: Cadets begin application process
2) 9 Oct – 9 Nov 18: Complete Aviation Qualifying Test (AQT)
3) 9 Nov 18: Sophomore cadet application suspense to HQ
4) 16 Nov 18: Junior cadet application suspense to HQ
5) 7 Dec 18: Senior cadet application suspense to HQ
6) 7-11 Jan 19: Selection board
7) 14 Jan 19: Notify selected and alternate cadets
8) 15 Jan-28 Feb 19: Complete FAA Class I Flight Physical
9) 28 Feb 19: Last day to complete flight physical
10) 1-29 Mar 19: Cadets matched to universities
11) Individual cadet program start dates will vary
Contact Lt Col Jobe or Chief Garcia at the Forney HS AFJROTC offices if you are interested.